Nappy Care Instructions
- To get the most out of your Bamboo Cloth Nappies, please read our Care Instructions and follow the steps.
Your nappies will be more efficient and longer lasting.
- Before Use – Wash nappies and booster inserts so they can reach their full absorbency potential.
It can take up to 10 washes to reach maximum absorbency.
- Leaking – To ensure your baby’s nappy doesn’t leak, ensure a snug fit around the legs and tummy.
- Change the booster insert regularly, usually every 2 to 3 hours.
- When you notice a booster insert becoming less absorbent, it’s time for a strip wash.
- Care - Flush away waste from disposable liner with and place wet nappy and booster insert in a bucket with a lid until washing day. Do not soak nappies and booster inserts for longer than two days.
- Washing – Use a cool to warm wash, definitely not above 30 degrees. Only use ½ to 1/3 of the normal amount of detergent.
- No added bleaches or fabric softeners please.
- Drying – Sunshine is always best to keep them fresh and sanitised. A light tumble dry is OK as well.
- Strip Washing – A build up of detergent and nappy creams can cause your booster inserts to develop an odour or begin leaking. This is the only time you should do a strip wash. Regular strip washing ruins the booster inserts.
- Strip Washing Method - Place clean and dry booster inserts in a hot wash with half a cup of bi-carb soda and half a cup of white vinegar. Follow with a normal wash without any detergent. If there are still soapy bubbles while washing, continue with a rinse cycle until there are no more bubbles
- It may be necessary to repeat the hot wash cycle with no detergent, and then more rinse cycles, until the water runs clear.
- Line dry in full sun.